Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Thing #4

This weekend I had the time to read 5 education related blogs.  I found myself very engaged with each one.  I also feel that I gained a great deal of insight into the technology world that I am learning to embrace.  One blog in particular gave me a whole new understanding of what is available for the kids in today's classroom.  Many of the points in Spies Like Us were eye-opening not only for me in the education profession but also in my personal world.  New technology allows anyone to be seen at almost any time.  I like to think of it as the new version of "Candid Camera."  (Only those of a certain age group will know what I am referring to!)  The only difference is that the hidden cameras can be anywhere including the classroom.  The T.V. show ended up with everyone laughing at the joke that had been pulled on them.  In some situations, I can see that the "joke" would not be a laughing matter. 

1 comment:

  1. Candid Camera was delightful and remembered with smiles by me! Blogging is not only a new word and experience for us in "23 Things," but it can be a great new tool for our 21st-Century students to widen their scope in cyberspace, huh?!

    ReplyDelete